Bostik Aerospace Adhesives
Bostik Adhesives are used in several non-structural aircraft applications. Flame retardant Film Adhesives are used to create decorative laminates for aircraft interiors. One and two part liquid adhesive systems are used as primers and attachment aids throughout the aircraft. We also supply FR heat seal coatings for use in thermal acoustical insulation.
Bostik MRO Solutions
Bostik offers a variety of world-class lubricants and high-performance adhesives intended for demanding infrastructure maintenance, repair and overhaul operations known as "MRO" applications. These products include the world-recognized Never-Seez® brand of anti-seize and lubricating compounds as well as SuperTak® Aerosol adhesives, TopCote®, DriCote®, Bearing Lubricant, Bostik 7500 Series Epoxies, 7400 Series Cyanoacrylates and Thermogrip® hot-melt adhesives and guns.
Examples of applications within the MRO market include Bostik products intended for:
- Usage on threaded fasteners exposed to extreme temperatures or environments
- Usage on fasteners in nuclear and non-nuclear power generation facilities
- Minimizing galling on stainless steel fasteners and fittings
- Attaching or reattaching insulation to various surfaces
- Sealing or gasketing applications Usage in sanitary environments like food processing facilities
- Temporary repair of wet or submerged parts
- Repairs to tooling molds or foundry castings
- Setting anchors or inserts into concrete or cement
- Minimizing rust formation on metal surfaces
- Minimizing wear on cutting tool blades and drill bits
Bostik’s solvent-based adhesives are designed for use in aerospace interior applications such as vacuum form bonding of PVC films to wood, fiberboards, and most porous substrates. In addition to securing strong, resilient anchorage to PVC, Bostik’s liquid adhesives bond all types of polyolefin foams, polyester films, most plastic laminating films, foils, sheet metal surfaces and cellulosics. We manufacture thermoplastic, thermoset and pressure sensitive adhesives. These solvent adhesives can be provided with fire retardant packages to meet the most demanding aircraft and industrial requirements.
Bostik has adhesives for a wide variety of aerospace interior applications. Within these applications, you can choose from different products depending upon the desired technology. Bostik’s aerospace adhesives increase the fire worthiness of components within the fuselage of the aircraft. They are offered in a variety of colors to match interior decorative components.
Bostik offers adhesive products that meet numerous Boeing Material Specifications (BMS). These products are approved by Boeing for internal consumption for use by their suppliers. We also offer fire retardant Polyester, Polyamide, Polyacrylate, and Phenoxy Urethane adhesives in film and liquid form.